Sunday 18 September 2011

I hate . . . 'Please Recycle' on Junk Mail

I got some junk mail the other day, the typical credit card application stuff.

Rather presumptuously it contained a full terms and conditions booklet, as well as a 4 page application form, a glossy flyer on the benefits and return envelope. Printed on the back of the envelope it all came in was a great big 'Please Recycle' logo.

If you want me to recycle it, why are you sending it to me? Could you not just recycle it yourselves and save me the bother? Why are you sending me applications for an American Express Credit Card when a simple check would show I already have one?

While I briefly considered sending the whole lot back to them, I decided to do my bit for the environment. I recycled the junk mail into a means to light a fire.

1 comment:

  1. It's like they're saying "here, you throw this away for me." I don't know of anyone who has ever received junk mail and said "hey, yeah, this offer looks great!"

    ReplyDelete